So.. tomorrow is the 1st day of my year commitment to JVC. I feel like I should be nervous, especially about the whole living in Harlem thing, but I'm not. I'm really excited and based on the brief correspondence among my housemates and I, I have a really good feeling about the community I will be living with. I feel as though being in NYC, especially Harlem will open me up to many great opportunities. I'm looking forward to finding ways to connect to the people in my neighborhood, to taking advantage of the culture that exists there, and learning how to truely live on my own (on a tight budget). I know the one thing I will miss the most is red meat, oh and of course my family and friends. One thing is for sure, it will be an experience like none other up to this point in my life.
I ship out to orientation in PA tomorrow morning, and will be moving into the apartment in Harlem on Tuesday. Check back for posts late next week.
Whoever happens to be reading, thank you for the support.. in one way or another you have been there for me and helped me to make the decision to embark on this ever so exciting journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment